Another Original Recipe from Laguna Coffee Chef Sylvain Touati
• 6 Tablespoons sugar
• 3 Tablespoons hot, strong coffee. We recommend our Espresso Roast
• 2 1/2 cups milk
• 2 eggs, beaten
• whipped cream and grated nutmeg for decoration
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
1. Place 1 1/4 cup of the sugar in a saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
2. When the sugar is a pale brown in color, quickly and carefully stir in one tablespoon of the black coffee.
3. Pour into 2 1/2 cup baking dish.
4. Whisk together milk, eggs, remaining coffee and sugar. Strain into the dish.
5. Place the dish in a roasting pan and add enough hot water to come up half the sides of the dish (double boiler).
6. Bake for 1 hour and cool.
7. Serve with whipped cream and nutmeg.