Mocha Mushroom Quiche by our own Laguna Coffee’s Chef, Sylvain Touati
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1/4 cup shortening
• 2 Tablespoons butter
• 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
• 6 medium sized potatoes
• 3 scallions, chopped
• 5 large eggs, beaten
• 1 cup plain yogurt
• 3/4 cup of strong black coffee, We recommend our Espresso Roast
• 2 Tablespoons of cream
• Salt & Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. To make the pastry sift the flour into a bowl and cut in the butter and shortening until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
2. Mix in enough water to make a firm dough.
3. Leave to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Melt the butter in a frying pan and saute until soft.
5. Add potatoes and fry, stirring for 1 minute
6. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
7. Roll out the pastry dough thinly and line a 8″ quiche pan.
8. Spread the mushroom & potato mixture in the quiche pan and sprinkle with the scallions.
9. Beat the eggs with yogurt, cream and coffee. Salt & Pepper to taste.
10. Pour the mixture over the mushrooms and potatoes.
11. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
Serve warm or cool. Serves 6-8